Sunday, December 23, 2007

Do you Think so?

Doing nothing lately, Apees, home , eat and sleep. Nothing. Visited the Infiniti Mall in Lokhandwala; been there thrice actually in a span of three days. No, I haven’t been working to support a failing career and a slim pay cheque. It is the a great form of recreation for some lonely souls like mine who have nothing better to do on a Sunday than listen to the rants of some friend about his/her job or an acquaintance about their opinions on child suicides worse, your colleague on her love life.

The mall is the best place because you can either walk slowly or sprint across and miss most of the conversation.

So, this B@## tells me she is not loving….Ganty? eh?

Ganty is deftly trying to look like the Santa Claus mannequin

(damn I almost pulled that one off if not for my flat abdomen after the year long gymming)

There are some conversations that you so wish you were never a part of. Like the ones that end with “ Don’t you think so?”

See, that’s a tricky question. It really is. The clichéd reason would be that you probably missed the whole conversation in the first place. But that is still fine since I have learnt the art of making it up since engineering.

Worse, when you want to say “ Hmm great cheese”

Then of course when you really don’t think anything. Or you would not want to say that you think anything.


I mean why cant it be like

What do you think?

Hmm that must be the apple skin I ate yesterday

No, seriously what is your opinion?

Hmm ( He has a funny oval shaped forehead)

Why cant I say

My wish I wont think HMPH

What happens to me most of the time in office is when my boss walks across to me and gives a monologue that I can scarcely make sense and I then dread for the black out “ phrase

“ What is your idea”

I don’t have an idea. My train of thought is an hour late sorry

But I manage to blurt out “ Regression Funda beta off limits” sometimes it makes sense apparently. Sigh as long as they pay me I say.

So coming back to this colleague with love troubles. He tells me about how someone is cheating him and how he wants to get back at her by telling her he is not feeling well about it. And get to end this as soon as possible. He was yapping about the feeling of neglect and guilt that is creeping into him that he is wasting his life. I completely agreed that he needs to end it as soon as possible and I would surely help him in whatever way.

The next day he forwards me his CV.

Damn the cheese burger.