Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tribulations of having a bad net connection

I come from a place that is like far away from civilization. Its like we are al Tom Hanks in Castaway. But one saving grace is a Wi-Fi enabled campus and laptops that we got here, we don't need to talk to footballs.But MURPHY strikes like always( you do not know who Murphy is? You malinformed earthling, he is the guy who invented something or like that) and if you do know who Murphy is then stop feeling intelligent and showing off and comment on my blog
Yea so getting back... Murphy strikes. And your internet connection fucks up.You know what, it is a bad scenario when that happens. You might feel that it is not as serious as it seems but your life might just get screwed and you might end up a loser(did I say end up? yea like we are not there already)
I mean, imagine I am in my room and I haven't ahem... helped myself for quite sometime.
Yea... Hmmm... go... baby go....go......... "You have been disconnected from the network do want to work offline or try again" You know reading this Internet explorer message is not exactly my version of orgasmic pleasure.

If you are proposing to this girl and she is on messenger. You have been wanting to do this for quite sometime so lets call her Poor soul(PS)

Ps I wanted to say something to you It has been sometime that I wanted to say it.
What?
See we have been talking to each other for quite a while....
Yea
So....(Palpitations, sweat, eyes blurred, fingers tremble)
Tell naa?
See i think I am in love with you and I want to know your feelings (Yippee I said it. I have said it finally , phew)
Hullo are you there?
BUZZ!!
PS???
Are you there?
BUZZ!!!

And you realize that you have been disconnected. So you repair the connection and then sign in

Yea so you were saying something
Huh?
Yea I wanted to say that
(this time, the connection is lagged. So there is a time lag between messages)
I wanted to say that I love you
and then you wait when a spurt of messages spoil your day
Anil, you have been a good friend for a long time, I want to tel you something. I think I am in love. I know its weird and you might get a bit shocked but I think I am in love with my classmate. Her name is.......
See, in real world, the order of messages would have been different, but this is a scrwed up virtual world so
technically I proposed to a lesbian.
and now she gets my message of love
and...
HULLO are you there
hullo PS???
I check my connection, its perfect, she has signed off...

But these are only examples that do not matter.

You are writing a mail..

Dear Boss,
...........................................
.........................................
............So because of the above reasons, I take back my resignation and I wish you would consider the letter as nulled. It was a misunderstanding. I hope I am not too late..........

And you click the Send button.
What you fail to notice is that the next thing that appears on your screen is
"Cannot open this page"
Do I need to say anything after that?
Its a simple process
The company lets you go and whom can you blame

See internet doesn't spoil your life, it finishes your life. You are wondering how?

Yes I am ready to pay the ransom, please do not kill her.
again
HULLOOOOOoooo

Doctor Whats the pill that i need to take
Doc....A..area.you theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi, 21/m/ind. I am in India and I want to speak about sex with you
after sometime...
Hullo Anil this is dad I had changed my Id

Now wait, is this post going to go on blog
shit my internet conne